Many things in business have dramatically changed over the past 30 years, and yet the tools and methods used in most business planning have changed very little in that same period of time. It’s no wonder that most non-profit organizations, as well as small- and medium-sized businesses do not have a written business plan. Those that do rarely use it in their day-to-day operations or for guiding the myriad business decisions made each week, month, quarter… But that doesn’t have to be the case. With roots in traditional planning methodologies, a baseline of Business School standards like Porter and Ansoff, and years of ingenuity with small arts organizations, Maren will work with your leadership team within your budget to help you create a concise, tangible document providing your organization with a useful roadmap for the future.
These savvy groups have hired Maren to share her enthusiasm, experience and creativity to enhance their organization’s development and long-term success:
- Established world-class Arts organization, San Francisco, CA
- Innovation Hangar, San Francisco, CA
- W Foundation and The Space Station Museum, Novato, CA
- Established small e-commerce company looking to grow, Fairfield, CA
- UK-based recruiting firm with new FiDi offices, San Francisco, CA
- Women-owned limousine service addressing industry change, Daly City, CA
- Municipal Treasurers Association, Roseville, CA
- In-transition project management firm, Santa Clara, CA
- Collaborating Agencies Responding to Disaster (CARD), Oakland, CA
- Bay Area Financial Education Foundation, San Francisco, CA
- CFA Society of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- CFA Society of Columbus, Columbus, OH
- Joint meeting of the CFA Societies of Texas, Houston, TX
- United Enterprises Laboratories, Minneapolis, MN
- CFA Society of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Calliope Women’s Chorus, St. Paul, MN
- Lake Harriet Spiritual Community, Minneapolis, MN
Breakout Session Presenter:
These are but a sampling of recent presentations Maren has made on related topics:
- “Taking your Career to the Next Level: The Value of Professional Designations &
Certifications,” National Association of Securities Professionals, 25th Annual Pension and Financial Services Conference, San Francisco, CA.
- “Events and Entertaining: The Recipe for Success,” Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Conference, Non-Profit Roundtable, Oakland, CA.
- “Membership of the Future – Alternative Models,” North American Society Regional Conference, CFA Institute, Newport Beach, CA.
- “Comprehensive Volunteer Programs: Recruitment, Retention and Management” Society Leadership Conference, CFA Institute, Hong Kong
- “Occam’s Razor: Five Rules for Effective Presentations” Career & Professional Development Conference, Minneapolis, MN
- “Developing a Society Sponsorship Program,” Society Leader Conference, CFA Institute, Washington, D.C.
- “From Planning to Execution: How to Implement and Adhere to Your Strategic Plan,” Society Leader Conference, CFA Institute, Boston, MA