Many things in business have dramatically changed over the past 30 years, and yet the tools and methods used in business planning have changed very little in that same period of time. It’s no wonder that most non-profit organizations, as well as small- and medium-sized businesses do not have a written business plan. Those that do rarely use it in their day-to-day operations or for guiding the myriad business decisions made each week, month, quarter…
These savvy groups have hired Maren to share her enthusiasm, experience and creativity to enhance their organization’s development and long-term success through the creation of a business plan.
Strategic Plan Author and/or Session Facilitator:
- Collaborating Agencies Responding to Disaster (CARD), Oakland, CA
- Bay Area Financial Education Foundation, San Francisco, CA
- CFA Society of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- CFA Society of Columbus, Columbus, OH
- Joint meeting of the CFA Societies of Texas, Houston, TX
- United Enterprises Laboratories, Minneapolis, MN
- CFA Society of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Calliope Women’s Chorus, St. Paul, MN
- Lake Harriet Spiritual Community, Minneapolis, MN
These are but a sampling of recent presentations Maren has made on related topics:
Breakout Session Presenter:
- “Taking your Career to the Next Level: The Value of Professional Designations &
Certifications,” National Association of Securities Professionals, 25th Annual Pension and Financial Services Conference, San Francisco, CA.
- “Events and Entertaining: The Recipe for Success,” Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Conference, Non-Profit Roundtable, Oakland, CA.
- “Membership of the Future – Alternative Models,” North American Society Regional Conference, CFA Institute, Newport Beach, CA.
- “Comprehensive Volunteer Programs: Recruitment, Retention and Management” Society Leadership Conference, CFA Institute, Hong Kong
- “Occam’s Razor: Five Rules for Effective Presentations” Career & Professional Development Conference, Minneapolis, MN
- “Developing a Society Sponsorship Program,” Society Leader Conference, CFA Institute, Washington, D.C.
- “From Planning to Execution: How to Implement and Adhere to Your Strategic Plan,” Society Leader Conference, CFA Institute, Boston, MA